* 800g Diced Braising Beef Steak
* 4 Cups/1200ml Water or Beef Stock
* 2 Small white onions finely chopped
* 2 Teaspoons ginger puree
* 2 Teaspoons garlic puree
* 200g butter ghee
* 2 Teaspoons turmeric powder
* 4 Teaspoons mild curry powder
* Quarter (optional) Teaspoons chilli powder
* 2 Teaspoons garam masala powder
* 4 Egg Yolks Mixed with 200ml Coconut Cream
* 200ml Single Cream
* 100ml Natural Yogurt
* Toasted Almond Slices to garnish
Cooking Method for Braised Beef Korma
Pour the oil into a large saucepan bring up to a medium heat. Add the onions and reduce the heat to low. You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole star anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 800g Diced Braising Beef Steak stir in well.
Add the Coconut Cream and egg mixture.
Mix the Cream, Yogurt, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 2 Hours or until the meat is tender. Top up the water or stock if it starts to get low and dry. Stir occasionally.
Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the Toasted Almond Slices and serve.