* 800g Diced Chicken, breast or dark meat as you prefer
* 1 Cup/300ml Water or Chicken Stock
* 2 Small white onions finely chopped
* 2 Teaspoons Ginger Puree
* 2 Teaspoons Garlic Puree
* 200g Butter Ghee
* 3 Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
* 4 Teaspoons Mild Curry Powder
* Quarter Teaspoons Chilli Powder
* 3 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
* 1 Teaspoon whole Green Cardamom Seeds
* 400g Condensed Milk and 8 Tablespoons Almond powder mixed in a jug
* 50ml Single Cream
* 50ml Natural Yogurt
* 1 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
* Toasted Almond Slices to garnish
If you would like to buy all of the above spices please add them to your basket. You can remove any spices or products which you already have from the basket.
Cooking Method for Chicken Nuwabi
Pour the oil into a large saucepan bring up to a high heat. Add the whole seeds and cook until they sizzle and crackle then add the chopped onions and reduce the heat to low. You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole Star Anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 800g Diced Chicken, breast or dark meat as you prefer stir in well.
Add the condensed milk and almon powder
Mix the Cream, Yogurt, Tomato Puree, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 15-20 Minutes. Stir occasionally.
Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the Toasted Almond Slices and serve.