* 800g Minced Lamb
* 2 Cups/600ml Water or Lamb Stock
* 2 Small white onions finely chopped
* 2 Teaspoons Ginger Puree
* 2 Teaspoons Garlic Puree
* 200g Butter Ghee
* 2 Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
* 4 Teaspoons Mild Curry Powder
* Quarter (optional) Teaspoons Chilli Powder
* 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
* 200g Creamed Coconut dissolved in a little hot water
* 200ml Single Cream
* 100ml Natural Yogurt
* Half a Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
* 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
* Toasted Almond Slices to garnish
Cooking Method for Keema Lamb Tikka Massalla
Pour the oil into a large saucepan bring up to a medium heat. Add the onions and reduce the heat to low. You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole Star Anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 800g Minced Lamb stir in well.
Add the creamed coconut
Mix the Cream, Yogurt, Chopped Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 1 Hour. Stir occasionally.
Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the Toasted Almond Slices and serve.