* 800g Peeled Tiger Prawns raw or cooked
* 1 Cup/300ml Water or Prawn Stock
* 2 Small white onions finely chopped
* 2 Teaspoons Ginger Puree
* 2 Teaspoons Garlic Puree
* 200g Butter Ghee
* 2 Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
* 4 Teaspoons Mild Curry Powder
* Quarter (optional) Teaspoons Chilli Powder
* 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
* 200g Creamed Coconut dissolved in a little hot water
* 200ml Single Cream
* 100ml Natural Yogurt
* Half a Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
* 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
* Toasted Almond Slices to garnish
Cooking Method for King Prawn Tikka Massalla
Pour the oil into a large saucepan bring up to a medium heat. Add the onions and reduce the heat to low. You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole Star Anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 800g Peeled Tiger Prawns raw or cooked stir in well.
Add the creamed coconut
Mix the Cream, Yogurt, Chopped Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 10 Minutes. Stir occasionally.
Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the Toasted Almond Slices and serve.