* 8-12 Lamb Chops
* 4 Cups/1200ml Water or Lamb Stock
* 2 Small white onions finely chopped
* 2 Teaspoons Ginger Puree
* 2 Teaspoons Garlic Puree
* 200g Butter Ghee
* 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
* 4 Teaspoons Mild Curry Powder
* 4 Teaspoons Chilli Powder
* 2 Teaspoons Garam Masala Powder
* 1 Teaspoon whole Toasting Seeds
* 12 Red Birds eye Chillies sliced in half
* 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
* 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
* Roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Cooking Method for Lamb Chop Chilli Massalla
Heat a large saucepan on a high heat. Once it is hot add the whole seeds and toast them until they sizzle and crackle. Now add the oil and then add the chopped onions and reduce the heat to low. You can optionally add 1 or 2 Whole Star Anise which help bring out the sweetness of the onions and imparts a subtle aniseed flavour but remove them once the onions are cooked. Cook the onions gently and slowly until they turn a golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger puree, garlic puree, curry powder, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, with a little water. Add to saucepan and stir in well and fry for a couple of minutes.
Now add your 8-12 Lamb Chops stir in well.
Add the fresh chillies
Mix the Chopped Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, together in a jug with the water or stock and pour into the saucepan and mix in well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to simmer and leave to simmer for 2 Hours to let the flavour of the lamb chops bones and fat develop into the sauce. Stir occasionally.
Finally sprinkle in the Garam masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes of cooking. Garnish with the Roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve.