* 1 cup red lentils
* 1 Cup of Curry Massalla Gravy-click for recipe
* Quarter of an onion finely chopped.
* 10 Cloves Garlic crushed
* 4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
* 4 Tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
* 1 teaspoon Garam Massalla
* Juice of 1 lemon
* Tablespoon crushed pistachio, cashew or pinenuts
Cooking method for Tarka Dhall
Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the lentils and simmer gently for 30-40 minutes until the lentils are soft and mushy. Drain the lentils. Make a paste of the garam massalla with the lemon juice. Fry the onion in the vegetable oil on a medium heat until translucent. Add the paste and stir in and fry for a further 30 secs. Add the Massalla Gravy and lentils and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly. Now crush in the garlic cloves, add the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook for a further minute. Serve with the whole coriander leaves and nuts sprinkled over the top.